Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Favorite Subject...

So this blog was created initially to record my thoughts and inspirations. Basically a diary into my life that I would be comfortable sharing with others who stumble upon it. Me being the disorganized person that I am, I don't usually write an entry in it unless something absolutely amazing and spiritual happens to me. Tonight was the 3rd show of Sweeney Todd here on the USU Campus. My friends Alan and Elise drove all the way down from Rexburg today just to see me in the show and then drove all the way back. As I was contemplating on that single action, (at two o clock in the morning), I had a wonderful manifestation of the Holy Spirit of the Lord that was something like this: "They drove here to see you because they love you." It literally made me cry. I am so incredibly blessed to have friends who care that much that they would be willing to drive 2 1/2 hours to come see me for less than about 30 minutes total. The tender mercies of the Lord do exist and my whole entire life is a testimony to that. I don't know what I would do without the special people in my life like Alan, Elise, my family, and my other friends and extended family. They're what keep me going. Truly, "what greater gift [can God] bestow, what greater goodness can we know, than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways, strengthen our faith, enrich our days." For those of you who this message is about, thank you. More to come...

No comments: